All students enrolling in a TAFE NSW course will be given a TAFEcard which is a student identification and stored value card. The TAFEcard displays your name, TAFE NSW student number, a photograph and is used for various applications, including:
- student identification on campus and in TAFE NSW final examinations
- registration on the TAFE NSW library network
- optional membership of your campus student association (if you choose to join, your TAFEcard will be marked with the current student association membership identifier)
- secure access to on-campus parking and secure areas such as computer laboratories
- identification of student travel concessions if you are eligible
- the ability to purchase and load value to your TAFEcard for use when photocopying, printing and parking (selected campuses)
You must carry your TAFEcard at all times when on college premises and you will need to show it as identification for access to some college facilities, to sit final exams and when requested by TAFE NSW staff. If your TAFEcard is lost or stolen you need to report it immediately to the Customer Service Office.
A TAFEcard costs $20 to replace, so please treat it with the care you would use with cash. A user guide with full details is available from the Customer Service Office.
To get your TAFEcard, you'll need to have your photo taken when you first enrol at TAFE NSW.
For more information: TAFEcard User Guide and Terms and Conditions of Use (125kB)