Why study at SWSi?
South Western Sydney Institute welcomes students from every part of Australia and beyond, and from a wide variety of backgrounds.
We offer a broad range of nationally accredited courses that align to business and industry standards.
These days, you can go to TAFE while you’re still at school, move from school to TAFE, from TAFE to uni or from uni to TAFE!
You can start studying at SWSi:
- with a Year 10 School Certificate
- with a Year 12 Higher School Certificate
- while still at school during Year 11 or 12
- 17 to 70, if you have valuable life experience, on-the-job training or have undertaken any short courses. You can just learn what you need, get recognised for what you already know and finish in less time. Ask us about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), or
- you can enrol in any number of short courses to try a few different career areas and find what suits you.
Whether you are looking to enter the workforce, update your skills or change your career, SWSi has a course or service that will increase your employment opportunities and help you to achieve your career goals.
We work closely with industry to provide the most up-to-date skills training. Institute staff are committed to providing the highest standard of education and training enabling students to develop the skills required for work and career progression or as a pathway to further study or university.
The Institute also provides a wide range of student services including libraries, course and career counselling, support for students with a disability or learning difficulty and recreational activities.