TAFE NSW is committed to ensuring that every person has access to education and training opportunities. Everyone, regardless of their circumstances or background, deserves the opportunity to build their future. We offer a range of scholarships to assist future students and students who may be experiencing barriers to their learning and scholarships to enhance the education experience by providing educational incentives.
A scholarship can provide you with financial assistance to help you meet all or part of your course fees and expenses, learning materials or study costs, or provide you with the opportunity to engage in an industry work placement.
Scholarships are available from a variety of sources, including government departments, businesses as well as other organisations. To find out more about some of the different scholarships available click on the links below or visit the TAFE NSW website.
As there are many more scholarships available than are listed below we recommend that you also follow us on social media to regular updates.
To apply for a scholarship you must meet the eligibility criteria. Please see below for available scholarships.
|Available in selected qualifications under Smart and Skilled in the areas of science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM).
Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships are available for:
- young people who are eligible for a concession fee
- young people who are or have been in out-of-home care
- people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic and family violence and their dependants.
Mick Young Scholarships
You may be eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- A current full-time, part-time or prospective student of TAFE SWSi for 2015?
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident?
- Experiencing financial disadvantage, but motivated and committed to furthering your education?
Mick Young Scholarships are available to assist students who can demonstrate financial hardship and motivation to complete a TAFE qualification. The scholarship can go towards expenses such as your textbooks, equipment, transport and course fees.
Mick Young Scholarships are funded by TAFE NSW – South Western Sydney Institute and awarded by the TAFE Directors Australia National Scholarships Foundation. Scholarship funds are provided to successful applicants in a one-off payment ranging from $500 - $1,000.
- All applications will be acknowledged in writing, usually by email
- All fields in this Application Form must be completed or write “N/A” if not applicable
- Evidence of motivation and financial hardship may be required
- Scholarships are available to students studying full-time and part-time
- Only Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply
- Scholarships are only available for study of approved Australian courses included on www.training.gov.au or approved by Commonwealth Department of Education
- International students studying in Australia are not eligible to apply.
Applications for TAFE NSW – South Western Sydney Institute Mick Young Scholarships are currently closed.
|NSW Health in partnership with TAFE NSW offer scholarships for the Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse) program across NSW.
Successful applicants will be
- provided with a place in the Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse) program to commence at multiple locations across NSW from March 2017.
- required to pay the student fee component of the Diploma up-front. You may be able to access VET FEE-HELP to cover this cost.
The duration of the program is between 12 and 18 months.
Selection for a scholarship is a competitive process which includes a written application, literacy and numeracy assessment, and an interview.
All applicants will be required to:
- undergo a National Police History Check
- provide two written references
- meet English language skill requirements
- provide evidence of HSC completion (or equivalent) or a Certificate III qualification (or equivalent)
How to apply
More information and an application information package is available from the NSW Health website. Check your eligibility for an Enrolled Nurse scholarship.
Applications are open until 10 February 2017.
Lord Mayor Scholarship Program
|The Lord Mayor’s Scholarship Program is an annual award that has been developed in recognition of the importance of the next generation of business and community leaders to the future growth and development of Parramatta. The program supports, rewards and encourages the professional development of the City’s future young professionals.
Parramatta City Council is proud to support students who are motivated to seek tertiary study and need financial support. At Parramatta City Council, we know that education is the door to a brighter future.
The Lord Mayor’s Scholarship Program will open the door for:
- 8 first year students to receive $1,000 each and
- 8 second and third year students to receive $500 each.
To qualify you need to be:
- 15 years and over
- enrolled in the first year of an Australian accredited TAFE or University course in 2015
- studying full time in 2015
- a permanent Australian resident
- permanently residing within the Parramatta LGA
- supported by a recognised community leader/organisation
Applicationa are currently closed.
For more information contact Parramatta City Council on 9806 5000.
We will update this page when new information for 2017 becomes available.
For 2017 program guidelines click here
Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships
The Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships assist apprentices in NSW who have demonstrated:
- hardship in their personal circumstances.
- aptitude for vocational education and training to lead to successful completion of their trade training.
- a positive attitude and application in the workplace and in off the job training.
FACS High School Scholarships
Available to TAFE students who are living in social housing (public or community), on the NSW Housing Register, receiving FACS private rental assistance, receiving crisis/supported accommodation or be in out- of-home care.
Website: Family & Community Services (FACS Scholarships)